HSU Set For Texas Relays
ABILENE, Texas — Hardin-Simmons had six track athletes selected for the 85th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays set for this week at Mike Myers Stadium at the University of Texas.
The women’s 4x400 team of Aaron Livingston, Kaitlin Roberts, Halee Edwards and Lauren Rodgers are in the event. The group ran a season-best of 3:59.56 last week at the HSU Invitational and they currently rank fifth nationally in Division III.
Freshman hurdler Jayci Shelton was picked for the 100 hurdles. She has a season-best time of 15.06, which ranks 11th nationally.
Freshman men’s hurdler Derek Footer will represent the men’s team in the 110 hurdles. He has a season-best time of 15.02, which ranks seventh nationally.
There are a few other HSU athletes that are in the national top 25 best marks list this week.
- Justin Gray ranks 13th in the discus with a throw of 153-1.
- Livingston is 12th in the 100 with a 12.43 and 21st in the 200 with a 25.87.
- Rodgers and Roberts rank 18th and 19th respectively in the 400 with a 59.35 and a 59.38.
- Shelton is 21st in the 400 hurdles with a 1:06.43.
- The women’s 4x100 team ranks sixth with a 48.83.
The HSU track teams will run at the Trinity Invitational on Friday.