ABILENE, Texas — Hardin-Simmons' fifth annual Cowboy Lineman Challenge will be held on May 26 and teams can sign up now.
The lineman challenge is a team event that features the linemen as an alternative to get on the field. The "skill" players get all of the work they need in 7-on-7 tournaments throughout the summer. This event gives the lineman the chance to compete with their fellow linemen in drills specific to their position.
To register please contact coach Brian Fitzgerald, HSU tight ends coach. His work number is (325) 670-1413, his cell is (832) 457-3909 and his email is email@example.com. You can also fax your entry in at (325) 671-2103. The price is $20 per athlete and all participants receive a t-shirt.
We request that you do not reserve your spot until you are sure that you will attend. Once a spot is reserved and confirmed, we will send the information packet regarding the event.
Past teams to compete in the Cowboy Lineman Challenge are Anson, Ballinger, Granbury, Graham, Merkel, Austin Westlake, WF Rider, Ranger, Abilene High, Abilene Cooper, Whitney, Breckenridge, Snyder, SA Central, FW Brewer, Arlington Bowie, Coleman, Brownwood, Hawley, Clyde, Roscoe, Pecos,Wylie and many more.
We will have registration between 7:45 and 8:30 or May 26, followed by a coaches meeting and then we will begin at 9 a.m.
Events (may vary depending on participants):
1. Bench Press (205 lbs. for reps) – total for 5 team members
2. Truck Push (timed) – 5 team members, 2 attempts and take fastest time
3. Dumbbell Stack Relay (timed) – total time for 5 team members
4. Farmer's Walk (timed) – total time for 5 members
5. Tire Flip Relay (timed) – total for all 5 members
6. Obstacle Course (timed) – total for all 5 members
7. Tug of War (team matchups) – 7 members, single elimination
8. Other Events as needed (ALL EVENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
*** Points will be kept for each event, winning team will be given trophy