Hello Cowboy Friends - Family & Fans!!
The HSU Football Family Picnic is Saturday, August 20th and has been changed to under the home side bleachers.
- WE NEED A HEAD COUNT! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org next Wednesday, August 17th with your family total - No need to include your player, he is already accounted for...all 200 Players, Coaches, GA's and Assistants will eat free! compliments of the FPG!
- Tickets are $5 each for friends, family and fans to help underwrite the cost. They will be sold at the scrimmages at the FPG tent and at the picnic if you don't get yours at the scrimmage.
- Sign up to bring one or more of the following: Drinks, Dessert, Side Dish when you RSVP.
- Bring lawn chairs! HSU Facilities will set up tables and chairs, but to be on the safe side, have those handy in case you need a place to sit! (You could go with the "picnic blanket" option if you wanted to!!)
- BRING PEANUT BUTTER! These are kept in the field house so anytime our boys need a quick pick me up, they can have a PB Sandwich.
- Game Time - First scrimmage starts at 9am and second around 10:30ish.
- NOTE: Football Players, Coaches, GA's and Assistants will be served first. They will be ready for a good ol' fashioned BBQ!!
A HUGE shout out to Miles Willis and Kenny Elkins who will be BBQ-ing up some Ribs, Briskets, sausage and chicken. Kenny will have two large turkey pots of beans and they will have it all ready to go by 1:30 (Plates, napkins and flatware will be provided). GO TEAM TAILGATE!!
If you purchased apparel at the meeting, Cheryl will have yours at FPG Tent and a pick up point at the picnic if you can't make the scrimmages. We will have apparel and other merchandise for sell that day at the tent and picnic. Make sure you have your HSU Football #PURPLEREIGN "gear" to wear and REPRESENT those COWBOYS!!
If you are wanting to sponsor a HSU Battle Flag, deadline is August 20th at the picnic. If you are interested, please let me know and I will meet with you that day.
FYI - The first Developmental Team game will be September 5th vs Sul Ross in Midland and the first home Devo game is September 12th.
Let's GOOOOOOO! Ready to #SADDLEUP for the SEASON OF #PURPLEREIGN!!