BELTON, Texas — Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team saw its season come to an end with a 5-0 loss to Mississippi College in the American Southwest Conference quarterfinals on Friday in Belton.
Rain throughout the day pushed the start time, originally slated for 2 p.m., back to a little after 7 p.m.
The Choctaws came out and swept through doubles with 8-5 wins at No. 1 and No. 2 and 8-4 at No. 3.
The only two matches that finished in singles were straight set wins for MC at No. 3 and No. 5 singles. The Choctaws had leads in three of the other four matches when the match ended.
MC improved to 8-8 and will play UT-Tyler in the semifinals on Saturday. HSU ends its season with a record of 5-14.
Mississippi College 5, Hardin-Simmons 0
1. Michael McCullough (HSU) vs. Chris Wootton (MC) 2-6, 2-4, unfinished
2. Nathan Chavez (HSU) vs. Christian Branning (MC) 5-5, unfinished
3. Jacob Womack (MC) def. Steven Stanley (HSU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Jesse Rawlings (HSU) vs. Matthew Martin (MC) 6-7, 2-1, unfinished
5. Dudley Lampton (MC) def. Frankie Sanchez (HSU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Jordan Wilson (HSU) vs. Taylor Griffith (MC) 5-6, unfinished
1. Christian Branning/Chris Wootton (MC) def. Michael McCullough/Nathan Chavez (HSU) 8-5
2. Dudley Lampton/Matthew Martin (MC) def. Steven Stanley/Jordan Wilson (HSU) 8-5
3. Taylor Griffith/Jacob Womack (MC) def. Jesse Rawlings/Frankie Sanchez (HSU) 8-4
--- HSU ---