Cowboys Win For Sixth Time In Last Seven Matches
ABILENE, Texas — Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team is peaking at the right time of the year as the Cowboys won for the sixth time in their last seven matches with a 9-0 blanking of Howard Payne in American Southwest Conference action at the Streich Tennis Center in Abilene.
The Cowboys rolled to an early advantage with three easy wins in doubles.
HSU is now 8-9 on the year and 5-3 in conference play. Howard Payne fell to 2-13 overall and 2-8 in league play. HSU will host Mary Hardin-Baylor and Sul Ross State on Saturday at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Hardin-Simmons 9, Howard Payne 0
1. Erich Bein (HSU) def. Will Thomas (HPU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Michael McCullough (HSU) def. Jacob Carrillo (HPU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Nathan Chavez (HSU) def. Andrew Harding (HPU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Sam May (HSU) def. Edgar Torres (HPU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jordan Wilson (HSU) def. Daniel Warner (HPU) 6-1, 6-1
6. Andrew Eurek (HSU) def. Austin Upchurch (HPU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Erich Bein/Nathan Chavez (HSU) def. Will Thomas/Edgar Torres (HPU) 8-1
2. Michael McCullough/Sam May (HSU) def. Jacob Carrillo/Andrew Harding (HPU) 8-2
3. Jordan Wilson/Andrew Eurek (HSU) def. Drew Lambert/Austin Upchurch (HPU) 8-2
--- www.hsuathletics.com ---