ABILENE, Texas — Hardin-Simmons' tennis team fell 7-0 to Abilene Christian the third-ranked Division II team in the country on Saturday morning at the Edgar Tennis Pavillion on the ACU campus.
ACU won the two doubles matches that were contested as HSU did not field a team at No. 3 doubles and or five and six singles.
Genene Haddad lost 6-4, 6-1 in No. 1 singles to Nada Marjanovic and was the only Cowgirl to win a game in singles action.
HSU is now 1-3 on the year and ACU improved to 5-1.
Abilene Christian 7, Hardin-Simmons 0
1. Nada Marjanovic (ACUW) def. Genene Haddad (HSUW) 6-4, 6-1
2. Kaysie Hermsdorf (ACUW) def. Tram Le (HSUW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Emily Conrad (ACUW) def. Amerlia Cheney (HSUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Jamie Lee Denton (ACUW) def. Shelby Saul (HSUW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Hannah Kelley (ACUW) def. Angie Nhan (HSUW), by default
1. Kaysie Hermsdorf/Emily Conrad (ACUW) def. Genene Haddad/Tram Le, 8-4
2. Nada Marjanovic/Jamie Lee Denton (ACUW) def. Amelia Cheney/Shelby Saul, 8-1
--- HSU ---